From TaxonWorks Wiki
Revision as of 11:23, 28 April 2017 by MattYoder
Guidelines for using the sandbox
Please keep the following in mind:
- It's a sandbox, things made of sand are fragile and will melt away in the wind and water.
- What you see may be different in the end product, or it might not be there at all.
- The data you add WILL BE WIPED from time to time, we make no promises for the length of time it will be live. It might be there for days, or minutes. We will not announce wipes.
- You can do whatever you want, including deleting data, or modifying any data.
- The data you add may be altered by others.
- Others will see exactly what you are seeing.
- The sandbox may or may not be live, our goal is to have it down no more than one full day before it's live again. Typically, however, if the sandbox is down you can expect it to be live within an hour or two.
- The sandbox may contain features that may not be live in production.
- The sandbox contains features on the main development branch maintained by the Species File Group only, other branches increasingly include major new features that are not included.
- The collective data of the sandbox may be shared with other TaxonWorks developers via database dumps.
- Even though it is a sandbox, please do not share your accounts. Using your own account will help us better understand the behaviour of the software.
- It goes without saying (but we will anyways) that you should not put any sensitive information in the sandbox, including passwords that you would use elsewhere.
- Sandbox account use is tracked in several ways. We record information about the last IP you used to connect from, the time of last login, when the account was last seen accessing the sandbox, and an estimate of the time spent in the application.